For those of you who are familiar with this document, well, did you get yours? With the list of things I need to do before I leave, this one got lost in the files. I am calmly saying F to myself. Anyway, on the upside the General Consulate is very responsive regarding my questions and really understanding about the whole situation.
At this point, I’m basically rushing to get all of the required documents together but, it seems I’ve already hit a challenge on the first step. The main person who handles my diploma & transcripts seems to be on vacation this week. Hopefully, this get’s resolved before I leave in about 4 weeks. Otherwise, let’s hope for the best?
What it is:
The Dichiarazione Di Valore in loco/Declaration of Value is issued by the Italian Consulate or Embassy of the country which awarded your degree and attests that it is of equal value to an Italian BA (first level degree corresponding to 3 years of study). The document must certify the overall number of school years you completed from primary to University included is equal or higher than 15. A copy of the original degree certificate plus the original transcripts translated into Italian and authenticated by the Consulate are attached to the Dichiarazione di Valore (do not unstaple any attachment from the Dichiarazione).
What you need: http://www.study-in-italy.it/studying/info-07.html; http://italyproject365.com/how-to-obtain-a-dichiarazione-di-valore/; http://anamericaninrome.com/wp/2010/07/how-to-get-a-dichiarazione-di-valore/
- Copy (or duplicate) of Diploma and Transcripts declared authentic by your University’s Registrar. PLEASE NOTE: The Registrar’s signature MUST be notarized.
- Apostille for the above obtained by the Secretary of State of the State in which the School is located.
- Italian translation of Diploma and Transcripts.
- Self addressed, self stamped envelope – to return documents.
- It allows the recognition of the studies at insert your school here in Italy and abroad under the ECTS credits system.
- It eases the international mobility of students (internship abroad, for instance).
- It allows an easy extension of your stay in Italy after the Master’s while searching for a job or other professional opportunity.
Los Angeles Regional Office
300 South Spring Street, Room 12513
Los Angeles, CA 90013