Truth be told, Irvine is expensive. For those of you who know little about this city, well, I can assure you it is not for budget minded individuals. However, there are things to consider….
- Perfect Location. Irvine sits in the middle of Lake Forest, Santa Ana, Tustin and the beach cities including 2 major freeways, the 5 and the 405. You can move around easily because of the convenience in the freeways and the proximity of the nearby cities. It was one of the selling points I decided to move here in the first place compared to other cities in the area.
2. Near lots of well-known shopping/mall centers. There’s endless of choices in finding malls or shopping centers nearby. Among my favorites are Irvine Spectrum and Fashion Island malls. They both have a good selection of stores and restaurants to choose from such as Nordstrom, Pressed Juicery, Hello Kitty Cafe, Neiman Marcus and my new fave spot for breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien. Here’s a mini-list below to check out:
- Irvine Spectrum Center: 670 Spectrum Center Dr, Irvine, CA 92618
- Fashion Island: 401 Newport Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- South Coast Plaza: 3333 Bristol St, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- The District: 2437 Park Ave, Tustin, CA 92782
- The Market Place: 2961 El Camino Real, Tustin, CA 92782
3. The beach cities, lakes, and mountains are close by.
- Laguna Beach
- Dana Point
- Corona Del Mar
- Newport Beach
- Huntington Beach
- Laguna Niguel Lake
- Woodbridge Lake
- Irvine Regional Park
- Lake Mission Viejo (private lake)
4. Irvine is also a family friendly community. It is your typical suburban neighborhood with parks, private/public schools, and roads wide enough to share among commuters alike. For me, I think Irvine is one of the safest cities to live in. There’s not much that happens here except for pure tranquility and the desire for a slow paced lifestyle.
5. Lastly, you’ll like Irvine for a number of choices in accommodation. You can find apartments, homes or townhomes that are both new and old, gated or non-gated, two-three story buildings, and/or located in remote or secluded areas. It’s typical to find most places with a pool, gym, and parking included within a community.
Are you ready to move in Irvine?